kroop labor law

Your Employment Matters


Employees that are denied salary, hourly wages, bonuses, commissions or overtime pay have substantial rights under California or Federal law.  In California employees with wage claims can proceed to file a claim for wages owed with the California Labor Commission or file claims in court or demand arbitration of their claims pursuant to a valid arbitration agreement. 

Determining the appropriate venue to file your wage claim is the first step.  For smaller claims like a final paycheck that is delayed but not in dispute, the Labor Commission may be an ideal venue to save time and get an immediate hearing.  Employees with small amounts of final pay owed can contact the Labor Commission at

For wage claims that are disputed and involve larger sums of money that may be owed over a period of time, employees should consider getting assistance from an attorney that specializes in employment law.  There are advantages to pursuing a claim in court such as the ability to recover attorneys fees that is not available at the Labor Commission level.  Also, the Labor Commission's decision is not binding if the employer appeals.  You may have to hire an attorney and prove your case again, if you obtain a judgment at the Labor Commission that is subsequently appealed.


To inquire about your employee rights or employer obligations with regard to unpaid wages/overtime, contact Kroop Labor Law's managing attorney, Marc G. Kroop.  Kroop Labor Law provides you with a direct line to counsel (925) 989-8264 for immediate assistance.  


Our firm's main office is conveniently located in the East Bay at 2950 Buskirk Avenue, Suite 300 Walnut Creek, CA 94597.  However, we also offer a free initial consultation in our satellite offices located in Pleasanton and San Francisco.


For additional information regarding wrongful termination in violation of public policy, our firm's main website is an outstanding resource for additional employment law information.  You may also receive an immediate written response from Mr. Kroop by sending us an email to

For Immediate Assistance

How We Can Help

Thanks! Message sent.

Mailing & Service Address

Our mailing and service address for our main office in the East Bay is 2950 Buskirk Avenue, Suite 300, Walnut Creek, CA  94597.  Our office is 2 blocks from the Pleasant Hill BART Station.  There is no charge for parking at our East Bay office.

Since 1993, Kroop Labor Law's managing attorney, Marc G. Kroop has been specializing in claims related to wrongful termination and protecting employee rights.  


For employees seeking to pursue claims of wrongful termination, it is important to seek help immediately.  There are short time limitations and court imposed deadlines under California and Federal employment law that require immediate action in cases of wrongful termination. These time limitations, can impact an employee's right to bring a claim of  wrongful termination, or even substantially limit an employee's right to recover damages.  For employees, seeking assistance from experienced counsel at the earliest possible time is necessary to protect your employment rights.  Kroop Labor Law provides you with a direct line to legal counsel in the Bay Area.  You may telephone Kroop Labor Law's managing attorney, Marc G. Kroop, at  (925) 989-8264 


Alternatively, to receive an immediate written response, you may email Kroop Labor Law with any questions you have regarding wrongful termination to For additional information about our firm, please visit our firm's main website at

kroop labor law